The Model 55SH Series II provides the Shure Iconic UNIDYNE design coupled with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Chrome die-cast metal construction and mechanical design resists wear and abuse
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Shock mounted cartridge minimizes stand transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Self-tensioning swivel mount permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- On/Off switch
- Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability