The Shure® KSM27 is a side-address condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. Designed for studio use but rugged enough for live applications, the KSM27 has an externally biased 1-inch diaphragm, extremely low self-noise, and an extend-ed frequency response specially tailored for vocal tracking and instrument recording.
• Cardioid polar pattern - the most commonly used pattern for both studio and live applications.
• 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar®diaphragm provides superior transient response.
• Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fasttransient response and no crossover distortion, while minimizing harmonic andintermodulation distortions.
• Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors.
• Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
• Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs).
• 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noiseor counteract proximity effect.
• Integrated three-stage “pop” protection grille reduces plosives and other breathnoise• Internal shock mount reduces handling and stand noise.