Michael Jackson, James Hetfield, Sherly Crow, are some of the big voices captured by the Sm 7B and it is because of this amazing resume that this microphone is a true modern classic. The Sm 7B and his predecessor the Sm 5B, at first used mostly for brodcasting, became the staple of records like Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
* Flat, wide-range frequency response for clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
* Switchable bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) settings
* Shielded against broadband interference from computer monitors and other electrical devices—excellent rejection of electromagnetic hum
* Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission A7WS windscreen included for close-up vocals or narration
* Swiveling bracket with integrated stand adapter for easy mounting and precise microphone positioning
* Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
* Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability